Lucid Absinthe Superieure is definitely the first actual wormwood containing Absinthe to be legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 so many people are
desperate to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was created by distiller Ted Breaux and also Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. Unlike other fake Absinthes, that had been developed to be sold in the US, it contains real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) along with other traditional Absinthe herbs. More details is found at drinklucid.com but here are a few facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It obtains its green color from whole herbs instead of man-made colors.
– It includes wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise along with other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was created by Ted Breaux, a leading Absinthe distiller, who used his understanding of traditional Absinthe making strategies to make this historically correct vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
– Lucid has a full measure of grande wormwood just like pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe comprised huge amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they’d all pass US regulations (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid is made up of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It’s distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid carries a very distinctive black bottle with green cat’s eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
In accordance with the Lucid website it could be bought throughout the United States so you should be able to buy it from your local liquor store. You can look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists just like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, as well as for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The site also offers a web shop where one can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn’t the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the USA – a brand name called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Another excellent method of enjoying Absinthe in the USA is to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free worldwide shipping. There’s a handling fee for the initial item but shipping and handling is free of charge for additional products ordered.
The essences coming from AbsintheKit.com are manufactured from an alcohol base which is distilled with top-quality herbs such as wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are incredibly economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits that contains 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are offered also costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits create 14 bottles of Absinthe therefore they make the perfect buy. Basically mix 20ml of essence along with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you’ve got your own personal real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is well known.
Essences are a great alternative to searching for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are also fun to use too.