Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first actual wormwood made up of Absinthe to be legalized in the US since the ban in 1912 so many people are eager to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was made by distiller Ted Breaux and also Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. Unlike other fake Absinthes, which are designed to be sold in the US, it contains real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) http://wheretopurchaseabsinthe.com along with other conventional Absinthe herbs. More details are available at drinklucid.com but here are some details of Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It gets its green color from whole herbs rather than synthetic colors.
– It has wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise and other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was developed by Ted Breaux, a leading Absinthe distiller, who used his knowledge of traditional Absinthe making techniques to make this historically correct vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
– Lucid contains a full measure of grande wormwood exactly like pre ban Absinthes. It had been a myth that Absinthe comprised immeasureable thujone – tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they’d all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid consists of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It’s distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid includes a very unique black bottle with green cat’s eyes motivated by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
According to the Lucid website it can be bought over the United States therefore you must be able to buy it from your local liquor store. It is possible to look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists such as Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and then for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The website also offers a web shop where you could order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn’t the only Absinthe to have been legalized in America – a product called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Another great method of enjoying Absinthe in the USA is to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free world wide shipping. There’s a handling fee for the initial item but handling and shipping costs nothing for extra products ordered.
The essences coming from AbsintheKit.com are created from an alcohol base which is distilled with top-quality herbs such as wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are extremely economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that produces a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are offered also costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits make 14 bottles of Absinthe so they are a great buy. Basically mix 20ml of essence together with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you’ve got your own personal real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is famous.
Essences are a great substitute to searching for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are fun to work with too.