There’s been a renewed fascination with Absinthe liquor around the world within the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in numerous countries. Absinthe, also referred to as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, has only absinthliquor.com been legal in the United States since 2007, and just certain brands may be sold, so there is certainly much fascination with the liquor in the US.
What is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is actually a distilled anise flavored spirit which has been created for medicinal purposes as an elixir or tonic by way of the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It has become popular in Switzerland and France in the 19th and early 20th centuries and even overtook wine in popularity in France.
Absinthe is normally produced from a wine base and is particularly flavored with herbs. Its major herbal ingredients are typical wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), which provides Absinthe its name and its bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs employed in the production of Absinthe include hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are numerous forms of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is actually the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe popular with the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and ingested by artists and writers such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also called La Blanche. This is usually a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear during the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are normal Absinthes but this term is the term for “Absinths” that are actually wormwood bitters and don’t provide an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe which has a sweeter flavor since it is made with Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe has a naturally red color as a result of extra ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can purchase many kinds and fashions of Absinthe online – standard styles and modern classics that are based upon vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
As well as buying these various kinds of Absinthe beverages, you can also create your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences to the Absinthe industry as well as consumers. They make 4 different essences – a classic green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a strong essence that produces an Absinthe with a stronger bitter wormwood flavor, plus an orange flavoured essence that’s flavored with orange oil and constitutes a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All the essences are produced using top-quality herbs and are also distilled so you don’t have to be worried about distilling, simply make an online purchase then mix with vodka or Everclear for your own personal wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana just like replicas of famous Absinthe glasses and spoons just like the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is definitely a strong alcoholic beverage, approximately 75% alcohol by volume, and is particularly much superior than whisky or vodka. Care must be taken when ingesting such a strong spirit especially if it is being combined with other strong spirits in cocktails – it is extremely simple to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are not many drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are several myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it has a very colorful and interesting past and is a lovely beverage to enjoy.