There’s been a renewed curiosity about Absinthe liquor around the world within the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in many countries. Absinthe, also called the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, merely has been legal in America since 2007, and only certain brands could be sold, so there is much absinthe-spoons curiosity about the liquor in the US.
What Exactly is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is actually a distilled anise flavored spirit which was made for medicinal purposes as an elixir or tonic by the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It has become popular in Switzerland and France during the 19th and early 20th centuries as well as overtook wine in popularity in France.
Absinthe is usually made from a wine base and is particularly flavored with herbs. Its main herbal ingredients are common wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), giving Absinthe its name as well as its bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs utilized in the production of Absinthe contain hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are many different kinds of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe favored by the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and ingested by artists and writers such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also known as La Blanche. This is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear in the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are common Absinthes but this term refers to “Absinths” that are actually wormwood bitters and do not provide an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe that has a sweeter flavor since it is made out of Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe includes a naturally red colorization as a result of extra ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can buy many kinds and styles of Absinthe online – traditional styles and modern classics that happen to be based upon vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
As well as buying these several types of Absinthe beverages, it’s also possible to create your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences on the Absinthe industry as well as consumers. They make 4 different essences – a classic green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a substantial essence that produces an Absinthe with a more robust bitter wormwood flavor, plus an orange flavored essence that is flavored with orange oil and produces a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All of the essences are made using top-quality herbs and so are distilled so you need not concern yourself with distilling, simply make an online purchase and after that mix with vodka or Everclear on your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana like replicas of famous Absinthe glasses and spoons just like the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is definitely a strong liquor, up to 75% alcohol by volume, and is also much stronger than whisky or vodka. Care should be taken when taking in such a strong spirit particularly when it is being combined with other strong spirits in cocktails – it’s very easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are not many drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are many myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it comes with a very colorful and intriguing past and is a beautiful beverage to savor.